This adventure called Kingdom Kids is all about prayer. It is all about mighty prayer from some of the most overlooked Prayer Warriors on the planet. Children!!
• When the Lord told me to start Kingdom Kids, I didn’t know exactly what it was about. I had some stories, songs and books and ideas that might be helpful, but I wasn't sure what God wanted. Then, a friend sent a video to me that told about a man’s two year old daughter who had drowned in a swimming pool. After they had gotten the baby out of the pool and revived her as much as possible, they loaded her into an ambulance to take to a hospital. As the ambulance was pulling out, this man asked the Lord who to call to ask for prayers for his daughter. The Lord brought a group of children to his mind. These children had gathered around him and prayed for him one time before he spoke months earlier. He said that the Holy Spirit had surged through him in a mighty way when those children prayed. As he mentioned those children praying, the Holy Spirit leapt within me like a punch to my chest and I gasped with the realization: Kingdom Kids is about PRAYING CHILDREN!! Those children did pray for the baby. She revived and had no ill effects from being under water for up to 45 minutes! That’s the power of God flowing through the youngest pray-ers!
• As I was trying to figure out what the Lord had in mind for K Kids, my own grandchildren started praying for me to be healed of a food allergy. They had enough faith to begin asking if I had begun to eat those things I was allergic to. Through their prayers of faith, me working through my fears to act on that faith, and understand God's will for me, I am totally healed of those allergies. That is the faith of the youngest pray-ers!
• On the day of our first K Kids OTK (On Their Knees) outside, one of our helpers' dogs, Penny the pug, ran off and got lost. Those of us who were not out looking for Penny were praying that she would be found and unharmed. When the dog was finally located, we found out that it had crossed a busy street, been chased by a Rottweiler and was hiding in some tall grass. Only by the grace of God, was that dog found and unharmed. That is the love and power of prayer of our youngest pray-ers.
• At one of our K Kids events, we decided to pray for the children from a youth home in Malawi. Two of our YAKK helpers (Youth Assistants 4 Kingdom Kids) had been adopted and that project touched their hearts in a big way. One of them has now sponsored a child (with the help of her family) from the youth home. Another little girl was overcome with love and concern for the children in Africa. One of our leaders talked with her, prayed with her and she said a very heartfelt prayer for the children. That is the love and compassion of our youngest pray-ers.
• My mother was having a lot of pain in her shoulder and knee. She is 87 years old and had broken many bones in a fall down the stairs the year before. She had been complaining about pain while we were visiting her. We asked if she would like us to pray for her. She said, "Yes!" My grandchildren and I gathered around her. We each prayed for the pain to go away and other things as we were led. Later that evening she texted and said she had not had one bit of pain since we had prayed earlier in the day! That is the power of God working through our youngest pray-ers.
• One day, I was very upset about something and I had lost my peace. We were driving somewhere and my grandchildren were in the backseat being very quiet while I fumed. All of a sudden, a peace settled over me and the anger I had been feeling immediately left. I apologized to the children for my venting and then my grandson spoke up. He said, “Grandma, I just prayed for you to have peace. As soon as I finished my prayer, you said you were sorry.” That is the discernment and power of the Prince of Peace through our youngest pray-ers.
These are just some of the examples of children’s prayers that I know about. Just imagine if all of our children knew that the same Holy Spirit that was in Jesus' disciples and every believer since then, also lives in them if they open the door and let Him in! (Mark 16:16-18) There is no junior Holy Spirit! In fact, Jesus said about children, “Of such is the Kingdom of God.” (Mark 10:14) They have more faith than most of us adults!
My testimony is that He is calling His children to answer the call to be part of His Kingdom on earth through prayer.
Do you have testimonies you would be willing to share? Add them in the comments or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org